Any effective strategy requires a clear point of view, which we devise by integrating information from four main areas:
+ NUTRITION SCIENCE
For the topic of “nutrition” alone, there are about 15,000 peer reviewed papers published in a single year. Science is both glorious and overwhelming when it comes to what matters.
- Are there published papers substantiating our ingredient of interest?
- Who are the key scientific contributors in a given space?
- How do we know which scientific findings carry the most weight?
+ FOOD POLICY
From Dietary Guidelines for Americans to World Health Organization reports, food policy has never been more important. Foodscape Group follows food policy developments from both a consumer and corporate perspective.
- What's happening with the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- How do dietary recommendations vary from country to country?
- What's new and changing when it comes to health claims and labeling?
For every diet type and every new product that hits the scene, there's still a consumer wanting something newer or even more different.
- How do we manage the barrage of over 20,000 new products entering the marketplace each year?
- How does dietary guidance apply to consumer desires to eat vegan? Paleo? Keto?
- How do we determine our best consumer target for our new product?
The global marketplace is increasingly fragmented, with increasing numbers of consumers seeking more personalized offerings while shopping across channels from bricks-and-mortar to direct to consumer. Ingredient choices, brand storytelling and influencer marketing all play pivotal roles.
- How do we think about an omnichannel approach?
- What about clean label initiatives?
- Should we be engaging in influencer marketing?